Thursday, February 28, 2008

Portraits of Jesus: The Omega of the Alpha & Omega

I’ve been sick and busy, but I should have still wrapped the Alpha & Omega portrait up because this is simply a summary post. Basically, after looking at Jesus, we need to ask ourselves, “What do I do with this portrait?”

Answer. Worship Him. Revere Him. Yes, Jesus is our friend, but don’t give Him a noogie. Remember that your knees should knock from time to time. Delight in Jesus’ infinite goodness, greatness, kindness, love, sacrifice, holiness, righteousness, power, and care. And knowing that Jesus is all of these things – infinitely (Alpha & Omega-ly), He is worthy of our trust, our hope. Ask Him to forgive your sin and give your life to His leadership if that’s something you have not yet done. He’s worthy of you trusting your life to Him.

Make sure you don’t just hope and trust Jesus at church. He’s the Alpha & Omega outside of these walls. Let Him rule in your life at work this week. While you’re on the internet. At home – you’re not the king of your castle; He is. He is Lord, Alpha & Omega.

Thanks for taking this journey through Revelation. Pray for me. I preach on March 9, but I’m feeling a little under the weather. I’ll be preaching on Jesus as the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Pray that I think clearly for the preparation and communication.

No comments: