Friday, February 13, 2009

Best Books of 2008, part 1

OK. Maybe not the best, but the ones that stood out in my reading based on no set criteria. I know this is late, but, hey, maybe there will be something that might catch your eye. By the way, these weren’t published in 2008. That’s the year I read them. I read (or finished from the previous year) more than 25 books. This is just a list of the top five standouts (in no particular order), though there could have been at least 7 or 8. Here’s the first two.

Undaunted Courage
I am slowly working my way through US history via biographies and key events. This was the story of the Lewis and Clark expedition. A thoroughly enjoyable adventure story, these guys were some tough, determined, gifted men. If you like history and frontier stuff, you’ll like it.

Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters
I think I initially heard Dave Ramsey talking about this book on a podcast. It was great. Dads are often portrayed as hapless oafs in popular culture, but our influence on our daughters’ lives is huge. I was stunned, humbled, and terrified to see how important.

No comments: