Monday, February 19, 2007

Ordination #0: Any Ideas?

I'm getting ready to begin my ordination paper for the Evangelical Free Church of America. I'd love to tell you how excited I am to begin it, but I can't seem to get started. However, I do see the value of the process and I think I'll enjoy it once I get into it.

I intend to post the sections of my paper as I produce them. Thrilling, I know. I enjoy exegesis and teaching, but I'm not a great systematic theologian. I would love any astute readers to ask probing questions on what I write, or set me straight. If you don't, the ordination council will. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Before I get started, I'd love any input that any theologian who might stumble upon this might have on good resources I should use in the process. The systematic theologies I have and use are Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology and Millard Erickson's Christian Theology. I have books on the different subjects within systematic theology, like John Stott's The Cross of Christ or Gordon Fee's God's Empowering Presence - and others. But I'd love suggestions on other good systematic theologies as well as any good theological topics that would be helpful. I look forward to your input.

Thanks.

2 comments:

Lee Jones said...

William G.T. Shedd's "Dogmatic Theology" as edited by Alan W. Gomes is now available. I've heard good things, though I have not used it myself.

Justin said...

Thanks Lee.