Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day!

It’s Saturday, May 8 as I’m typing this. I just got done giving my son a bath after disciplining him for a few rounds of defiance. I’ve been alone with my three kids for about 27 hours and everyone’s ready for relief. When I have the kids alone for any significant chunk of time I spend money without conscience. I need diversions. Dinner out. Starbucks. Whatever. Throughoug the day I’ve taken any chunk of time I can get to catch brief naps here and there – whether it’s while the kids are napping or shortening their attention spans at the expense of Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakel.

What does this have to do with Mother’s Day? Everything. My wife lives this and handles it with grace and wisdom – and doesn’t need the budget I expend. She’s amazing. Happy Mother’s Day!

And my mom did all of this before videos were commonplace and we lived so far away from anyone or anything to occupy me that I’m not sure how I kept from driving her insane.

Moms are amazing. Be sure you tell your mom how much she means to you today … whether she’s near or far. Thanks, Mom! You’re wonderful. Happy Mother’s Day.

No comments: