Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sabbatical #16: The God of the Celts with us today (Path of Celtic Prayer #1)

I’ve been working on remembering God’s presence with me at all times, and cultivating that sense of companionship that He wants to have with me. I’ve started reading The Path of Celtic Prayer by Calvin Miller. I’ve just hit the intro, but I liked this reminder that God is all around us from Miller.

“Celtic spirituality is filled with nature runes (poems or incantations) extolling the virtues of the triune God as he fills the natural world. The Celts sometimes struggled not to confuse God and nature; God is always greater than and separate from his creation. Nonetheless, we have much to learn from the way in which they allowed nature to inform their spirituality…” (20-21).

I hope it is good food for thought for you…

No comments: